PDA

View Full Version : Collection: Indiors, scripts, ... by Pips4Life (P4L ...)

luluatitia27
18:26,
Last updated: July 11, 2017
Thread started: 15-Jan-2010

Hi ,

Over time, I've posted several indiors scripts which have helped MT4 users. As of this writing, one was downloaded ~2700 times and several other people have gt;1000 downloads every single! Sharing these progr is my way of giving back to this community. I decided to begin this collection thread as a single point of reference pointing to the work I've discussed. (Other contributors are encouraged to do likewise so that we could all take advantage of your work).

Below are links to my progr that you may want to look out for. I'll keep this thread post #1 updated with statements of any new indiors as they happen. (I won't, however, update this thread with every upgrade. Refer to each resource thread for the most recent edition of each).

I seldom start entirely from scratch. The majority of my progr are important updates to already existing indiors... credit is because of the original writers. (Thank you!) .

Please note, in case my additions to an existing program are not important or if I do not mean to maintain it (in post #1 of each thread), I'm not going to bother gluing it using a prefix P4L. Regardless of what I call it, if you would like to rename it back to the original name or whatever, that's your decision. If you modify any of my progr and re-post it, please rename your variant with a few unique suffix or prefix to distinquish it from the official edition. If you append one of my threads using an upgrade, if I enjoy the ideas/changes I will upload the upgrade to this thread's article #1 and acknowledge your contributions in the ribbon and program history notes.

MT4 Apps: In reverse chronological order (of initial article ):

https://forexintuitive.com/cryptocurrencies-and-commodities/82-help-code-simple-indior.html
P4L PeriodCon.mq4 (2009-Nov-13; Upgraded v1.8 2009-Dec-10: ~160 downloads)
* As one user put it, the gold standard for generating offline charts.
* All offline charts are upgraded real-time (as long as the source-TF chart stays open)
* Generates non-standard MT4 chart timeframes (e.g. M10, H2,...)
* Ability to timeshift any chart by any #hours/moments. (e.g. Daily 1H, H4-2H,...)
* Ability to generate charts with phases gt; 1-Month
( Please note: lots of indiors operate on these charts without modifiion, but a few may require changes to work with non-standard timeframes or timeshifted charts).

New very cool CandleTime and session period Clock indiors
P4L Clock.mq4 (2008-Sep-26. Upgraded v2_5 2010-Jan-14: ~1200 downloads)
* Display correct current period for as much as ~18 world market timezones
* Different highlight color used during Market Open hours
* Control above syntax: AM/PM vs. 24hr. Optional :SS.
* Display Bar Left: (bar remaining time)
* Display Broker and local time
* Times are properly adjusted by independent ST/DST dates-per-timezone
* At a glimpse, compare Broker time accuracy vs. your own CPU clock.
(Display:SS. This is very helpful when expecting high-impact news events at exact moments).
* optional wallpaper rectangle under labels can COVER price bars for readability
P4L CandleTime.mq4 (2008-Sep-26; Upgraded v1_2 2009-Nov-13: ~1100 downloads)
* Displays the bar-remaining period next to the current bar.
* Indies WAIT4BAR:-MM:SS (i.e. a new bar anticipated but no tick yet)
* (opt) Displays the bar-remaining period for a comment (top-left corner)

https://forexintuitive.com/cryptocurrencies-and-commodities/214-alert-atr-reaches-xxx-level.html
P4L OrderHistory.mq4 (was OrderHistory V2.mq4) (2007-Sep-13; Upgraded 2010-Jan-11: ~1050 downloads)
* Display your trade history (and/or open orders) graphically.
* Arrows markers open close events. Trendlines drawn from price. Optional texts.
* Calculates profit/loss in standard pips. (... even on extra-digit brokers).
* Detect and indie certain kinds of slippage.
* Combine trade history from several brokers! (first output, then use as input)
* Output trade history as a CSV file to import to Excel
* Contain ALL trade history, or limitation by date-range.
* Output file can include ALL symbols, or just current chart emblem.

https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/15279875702062887665.mq4</b>
Set_Fibo_Price_Any_V2. Mq4 ( 2007-Oct-31: ~2700 downloads)
* Annotate each Fibo (or Expansion) level together with the price

Altered, helpful MQ4 utilities, indiors, and associated tips
* b600 updates to Hanover's Handy MQL4 utility functions
* Display Info All Pairs.mq4
* Daily LinesBoxes(1). Mq4
* P4L ChangeTF-All charts.mq4 (Script)

MT5 Apps: (None however, as of 2017-July...)

Love!

Kent ()

bypepe77
18:00,
Hi Kent,

Thank you for submitting your indiors. But will there be potential
for changing P4L PeriodCon.mq4 to show 2048 candles after conversion?

luluatitia27
19:21,
Hi Kent,

Thanks for submitting your indiors. However will there be potential
for modifying P4L PeriodCon.mq4 to show 2048 candles after conversion?

Fxpig Hi fxpig,

Glad you enjoy the indiors. As this thread is just about my collection of progr, any questions about particular indiors must be posted at the other threads. I will respond in the other thread...

Kent

telmo21
20:42,
Thread started: 15-Jan-2010
P.S.. If you'd like my work and may add a guarantee for me, please do. Thanks. Thank you for your good (and shared) work Kent. I would vouch when I could.
I'm convinced there will be many traders with the expertise to recognise the worth of your indiors into other traders.

jumrs
22:02,
Hi Pips4life, I Am an user that is MT4. Recently, I've observed another trader utilize'alert lines' with a simple click of his mouse rather than putting in alarms or alarms manually in the terminal. He utilizes GFT DealBook360 client program. If he sees a particular swing low or high that he enjoys, he simply clicks his mouse on that stage and an alarm is set revealing a line at the stage and sounds after price hits it. Are you aware of a MT4 indi that is going to do exactly the same? Thanks in advance for your help and thank you for sharing these great mt4 indis ea's.

Crustansio
23:23,
This can be useful but it is going to drive you barmy should you use it a lot. https://forexintuitive.com/cryptocurrencies-and-commodities/94-hidden-code-code.html

nitta_ng
00:44,
Thx for sharing

Andreuu1
02:05,
Thank You a lot. I adore your work.

Teresa
03:25,
P4L, I am able to acquire your Candle Time to attach, but the Clock and the Period Converter won't. Running IBFX MT4. I have even recomplied every indi 2 more times, but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

luluatitia27
04:46,
P4LI am able to get your Candle Time to attach, However the Clock and the Stage Converter will not. Running IBFX MT4. I have even recomplied each indi 2 more times, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you! Can you select Permit DLL Imports if you inserted Clock and PeriodCon to your charts?

The Clock ought to display times in the lower-left corner. On the weekend, the market times will be wrong until your broker starts up .

You do understand that PeriodCon does nothing visible on the chart you put in it right? What it does is generate a data file behind the scenes, however, it is going to provide a popup window telling you that the title of the chart being generated (also it will tell you error messages). You have to use FileOpen Offline... select the specific name which the popup says is being generated.

I have not used IBFX but I'm unaware of any reason why theirs are any different from all of the rest of the MT4's in use. Each of these apps are working fine for me... not sure what else to suggest.

Teresa
06:07,
Exactly. I am not even getting a pop-up window using all the PeriodCon, or with the Clock. The Candle Timer works fine. But when I attempt to attach another 2 indis... nothing. Nothing in Any Way. No reaction at all to or with the charts.

I've opened with all the compiler and re-compiled both of these many times each. Didn't help.

Just so that you know, I understand your job and I have used the old versions of your clock with no problems. This is a big puzzle. Hmmm...

luluatitia27
07:28,
Exactly. I'm not getting a pop-up window with all the PeriodCon, or with the Clock. The Candle Timer functions fine. But when I attempt to attach the other 2 indis... nothing. Nothing in Any Way. No response whatsoever to or with the charts.

I have opened with all the compiler and re-compiled both of these many times each. Didn't help clearly.

Just so that you know, I know your job and I have used the old versions of your clock with no problems. This is a really big mystery. Hmmm.... 1. Did you enable Permit DLL Imports under the frequent tab once you attached them to your chart?

2. Is it possible your popup window is emerging off-screen somewhere you can not see it? (It usually makes a bell sound too, so if your speakers are around you ought to hear it).

Do you see the popup window occurring for different indiors? You could try out a script with nothing more than:

start()
Alert(DEBUG);

I use a notebook with a 2nd screen, and often I exhibit the popups on the 2nd screen. But when I take my laptop somewhere and use just the regular screen, I have discovered that some popup windows (either for alarms and/or thing properties) may seem offscreen! I have not figured out anything to do to fix this other than run it again with the 2nd screen and move the popups on the main screen, and THEN I can disconnect the 2nd screen, reboot, and those popups open up where I last left them on the main monitor window. This problem is a real pain when it happens. When I was actually stuck with no access to my 2nd screen, I would probably just put in a 2nd MT4 to use but what a bother.

3. Open the Terminal window. Look under the Experts tab. Do you see messages related to the Clock or PeriodCon?

Try incorporating the Clock and deliberately NOT place the Permit DLL Imports. Does this trigger a popup error? If something is quite wrong.

4. Perhaps since it worked before, maybe there's something corrupted about your current installation. Have you attempted re-installing (or installing a 2nd backup into a different folder)?

5. What version of MT4 are you using? I have seen no problems on previous versions, and my version is up to v4.00 construct 402.

6. What O/S ? How much RAM memory? How old/new is your computer? Have you checked the Windows Task Manager to check the stats on how much memory has been used, and how much CPU? If your machine is underpowered this might be a factor.

7. Can you try installing an MT4 for a different broker and try it? Pretty much every broker offers a free trial presentation. If this works, then certainly try #4 (re-installing your IBFX MT4).

It's still a mystery to me...

Teresa
08:48,
All I can say is that nothing occurs. Because the window never pops up, there is no chance to set up the DLL function. It is just an icon within my indis folder with a connection.

I have observed a text file which says can not open or words to that effect.

The timer is still working fine. The period con and the clock still provide no response. The only thing I haven't done is to try them with a broker.

My personal computer is on top of the lineup with tons of RAM and so on.

Still a huge mystery to me. As the founder I thought you may want to understand.

JaviGennius
10:09,
6. What O/S ? @pips4life, @forexhard,

Can it have something to do with Vista (or even Win7?) Requiring that the user has adminior privileges, in order to set up files properly under the Program Files folder?

I am only guessing, however, installing MT4 somewhere other than under the program Files folder could address your (forexhard's) issue.

Only a wild guess on my part, but it might worth a go?

David

Teresa
11:30,
Thanks Hanover.

As you can see in the pic I have full access to this document. It just will not attach to a chart. These two files are the only ones in my whole indis folder (of over 100 indis) that exhibit these signs.
https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/15279875791339496423.jpg

guti14mat
12:51,
What's the difference between P4L Clock and P4L CandleTime should they both show the time until the end of pub?

As well, are such indiors configured to operate on 5 digit brokers correctly? (as an instance, will spread be revealed as pips or points?)

Alcombat
14:12,
Being able to open something into metaeditor does not mean anything.

Transfer the mt4 directory to your desktop computer and then start trying stuff from that point. If you don't then there's absolutely not any use asking for help since mt4 is not meant for vista onwards and simply breaks in various manners. period.

Teresa
15:32,
Candle Time loads up just fine. Not another 2.
https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1527987581432417206.jpg

Maria
16:53,
Thanks for sharing P4L - much kudos for you Bro

Pepeiolivia
18:14,
P4L are you currently active on thread, appearing every now and then? If so can you take me a PM please thanks bro

aiker
19:35,
I am looking for a script which exports OrderHistory of just transactions, not all the other extraneous things like interest, taxes, Cancelled, etc.. A nice and clean list of my transactions, together with the Chart and the rest of the data also. Does this exist? It is so garbled, the way Metatrader left it!

let00
20:55,
https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1527988092435400961.jpg
Hello pips4life I'd pm you just up Loading the chart for you here

thank you a Lot

bigmvm
22:16,
Hello P4L

any ETA on P4l candletime for MT5? Thanks

Claradou3
23:37,
Due to Discuss your works