PDA

View Full Version : MT4 (Metatrader) installation instruction for Snow Leopard 10.6 Mac

xxswasxx
08:36,
(1) Download and install Crossover 10.0.1 - http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ (2) Run Crossover appliion. (3) At the menu bar (header near the very top of Mac OS X) select Configure gt; Install Software. From the Select appliion to set up Finder, type Metatrader or browse to Community Supported Appliions. Pick Metatrader 4 and click Install. NOTE: Do NOT select anything that says automatically launch when finished. (4) After MT4 installation completes, open Finder and navigate to [User]/Library/Appliion Support/Crossover/Bottles/Metatrader 4 (5) Copy all files in the Windows MT4 setup and paste (substitute ) them at the Mac folder noted in Step 4. ) (6) Run MT4 by double click Terminal.exe from the Wine Bottle directory. You may use Progr gt; Metatrader 4 from the menu bar.
Useful Tips Information:When MT4 is running, you may add it to the dock by using the right click sub-menu. Any sub-windows (Market Watch, Data Window, ect.) That become floating cannot be reattached to the platform, not to my understanding. My recommendation is to arrange the platform the way you enjoy it from the Windows MT4 setup before copying over the files to the Mac MT4 setup folder. Contrary to what I anticipated, emulating MT4 is not anymore efficient than running MT4 in a virtual machine. In fact, so many Wine procedures are essential to run MT4 with Crossover, I have concluded it is in fact slightly more efficient to run MT4 at a Windows VM. This is about both HEAT and BATTERY LIFE, but more thorough testing has not yet been carried out.
At this time, I prefer using MT4 at a VM because there are no surprises with attributes not working and I have bought Windows 7. But if I hadn't already purchased Windows, I would seriously consider Crossover as an option to conduct MT4. A VPS may be another option to conduct MT4 more efficiently, but it's doubtful.

With Windows 7 (basic theme, no Aero, ect.) Running two MT4 platforms in Coherence mode (one platform on 21 external monitor) along with Skype, Firefox and Postbox, I receive readings of 47 C CPU Core 2 (Temperature Monitor App) and 43 C (SMCfancontrol) @ 3600 RPM fan setting.

MBP 13 Snow Leopard

lilimv98
21:28,
Try downloading today: http://tradingranges.com/archives/154

allow me to know if you have some issues.

ActionDragon
22:49,
attempt downloading now: http://tradingranges.com/archives/154

allow me to know if you have any issues. Thank you for the link, I unzipped the file and got this apple looking sign with MT4 composed, what am I supposed to do ? (I looked in the video but its not exactly the same thing)

lilimv98
00:09,
Thank you for this link, I unzipped the file and got this vegetable appearing signal with MT4 written, what am I supposed to do next? (I looked at the video but its not exactly the same thing) Once you unpack it move it to your appliions folder. Right click on your mt4 install files and open with your new mt4 app. Thats it you will see the menu's and it'll install and be operating in about 2 minutes. Easy!

ActionDragon
01:30,
Once you unpack it move it to your appliions folder. click on your mt4 install files and start with your new mt4 app. Thats it you will see the install menu's and it'll install and be operating in about two minutes. Peeasy squeezy, easy! I got it working, thanks alot my friend https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674360.png

lilimv98
02:51,
I got it working, thanks alot my friend https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674360.png it was easy wasn't it? Much simpler than the geek degree needed to manually tinker with wine.

jordi0007
04:12,
I've been using MT4 wine via winebottler in my MBP for nearly 1 year. As of last week I can control orders anymore. I can not close orders, I can not open new orders, and that I can not modify open orders (ie to set stops, shoot profits).

The app just appears to hang and never plays the requested operation.

Anyone come across this before? I'm not sure where to begin assessing...

Aurora092
05:33,
A coule of weeks back my installation with winebottler got really quite slow and froze all the time. So that I found wineskin winery and looked for alternatives - it is much better than winebottler in my opinion - easier install, quicker beginning, no slow down thus far, winetricks work. . Only give it a try

lilimv98
06:53,
a coule of weeks past my mt4 installation with winebottler got really very slow and froze all the time. So that I looked for alternatives and found wineskin winery - it's much better than winebottler in my view - simpler install, start that is faster, no slow down so far, winetricks work. . Just give it a try This has happened to me - I just deleted the whole installation and did a fresh install.

lauramarsim
08:14,
a coule of weeks past my mt4 installation with winebottler got very very slow and froze all of the time. I found wineskin winery and looked for alternatives - it's far better than winebottler in my view - more easy install, beginning that is quicker, no slow down thus much, winetricks work. . Just give it a try Have not noticed any reduction in performance with winebottler, but to set up new MT4 a/c, attempted wineskin winery - much easier to install, additionally no cost in comparison with crossover. No problems so far - Thank you. https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674360.png

Leyrefigs
09:35,
Is that when I disconnect an external disk wines begins to take about 80% of the CPU up and freezes, I must restart wines to repair it. Anyone else noticed this? It also happens for me using Crossover.

_alexito_
10:56,
Thanks you enochben I have been struggling for ages to make this thing work along with your schooling was precisely what I looked for - all functions and put up in about 4 minutes.

kurkyr
12:16,
I have just followed your instructions to install MT4 on my MacBook Pro. It runs flawlessly. I am uk based and use Alpari. I downloaded the MT4 install in the website. Switched out the server files. I will eventually give one of my family the Dell laptop and am quite happy.

Thank you col. Hello again

I am just Considering trying out Mt5. I want to run this on my Mac. Is there a way to upgrade or do I need to install from scratch?

Thanks

PP

Leyrefigs
13:37,
Hello again

I'm simply considering looking out Mt5. I want to run this on my Mac. Is there a way do I have to install from scratch or to update?

Thanks

PP I failed to have MT5 yo work on my mac 10.7.3 using Wine. I have done a fresh install of MT5 (only takes approximately 30 minutes ), it load up fine, but will not connect to the net at all, so I can't log in to an account. Problem occurred using Crossover.

I would be interested to hear how other people have manage to acquire MT5 to work on OS Lion.

puesma
14:58,
Hello men,

Does any one know how to include custom indior into MT4 platform which running via Wine (X11) version 1.2.3?
I try to include my custom indi into [my broker appgt;reveal bundle contentsgt;contentsgt;resourcesgt;drive_cgt;progra m filesgt;GO Trader MT4gt;expertsgt;indiors] but it seems doesn't work.

I do not require fancy indi, simply wondering it would be great when I can include Candle Time indi to my chart.

Currently I'm running MBP OS 10.7.4 and obtained my MT4 bundled from http://www.gomarketsaus.com/trading-platforms/metatrader4/metatrader-4-for-mac/

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

-I-

Leyrefigs
16:19,
Hi guys,

Does any one know how to add custom indior into MT4 platform which running via Wine (X11) version 1.2.3?
I try to add my custom made indi into [my broker appgt;reveal package contentsgt;contentsgt;resourcesgt;drive_cgt;app filesgt;GO Trader MT4gt;expertsgt;indiors] but it seems doesn't work.

I do not require fancy indi, just wondering it'd be great if I can add Candle Time indi to my chart.

Currently I am running MBP OS 10.7.4 and got my MT4 bundled from [url=http://www.gomarketsaus.com/trading-platforms/metatrader4/metatrader-4-for-mac/]my... will you get the indior to work out of a MT4 working on windows?

puesma
17:39,
can you receive the indior to operate out of a MT4 working on windows? Yes, I did. Is there any difference between indi out of MT4 working on windows and MT4 working on Wine for Mac?

Leyrefigs
19:00,
YesI did. Is there some difference between indi out of MT4 working on windows and MT4 working on Wine for Mac? There should not be. There'll be some slight differences in the returned value of some function calls. For example, GetTickCount() will vary based on the clock speed of your cpu, but I believe this is unlikely to be the issue for you. More likely you haven't put the mq4/ex4 in the folder. Consider adding another indior and see if this works, Make Certain you restart MT4 before checking if it is present from the navigator or compile the file that is mq4

rubeniko17
20:21,
7) Download this document: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=635373, unzip it, and place the MT4 Prefix folder in your home folder, (under the directory: /Users/[username]/ / )

8) Click Change Prefix... in the Wine menu at the menu bar.

9) Click on the round arrow in the bottom left of the Wine - Change Prefix window to update the prefixes, the MT4 Prefix folder should appear. Close this window.
Hi col,

As the connection is down, could you describe another means to obtain the same folder? Perhaps copying the MT4 Prefix folder from someplace else (such as a windows PC)?

I have Mac OS X Lion running on a new Macbook Pro and also an Old Toshiba with XP running MT4.

Cheers

rubeniko17
21:42,
Big shout out to Subs for the Prefix folder. I was able to get it working by col's directions. EA is not working though (when there is a fix, do allow me to know).

If anybody desires the MT4 Prefix, please send me a PM.

Cheers

Macbook Pro 15 2012 - OS X Lion

Ale
23:03,
Hmm EAs have been working for me. Which one in particular? I believe 7bit said that some date functions may not work.

rubeniko17
00:23,
None of the EA's role, notably the OneClickTradingEA which I enjoy using. Are there some files I should transfer in my Windows XP installation which may help?

sarasalvatore
01:44,
If anyone wants the MT4 Prefix, please send me a PM.

Cheers

Macbook Pro 15 2012 - OS X Lion hi iseepips,

I am trying to install MT4 in OS X MacBook as well. Can you send me the MT4 Prefix. The connection that rooicol provided is dead like you said.

Thanks!

Huracan
03:05,
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know any other way to run MT4 on Mac? I am so confused with using this Wine. Any info??? Or help me please with MT4 Prefix!!!!

kanarr84
04:26,
I just set up this to my iMac running OS X 10.8.2. Https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674332.png

Download new version of wine winebottler combo apps to your appliion folder, you must also have X11 app on your system.

I used Alpari's Metatrader 4 and it's working nicely.

1.Open winebottler, Click Existing Prefixes, on the ideal side bottom Click add empty prefix folder-name MT4 or MT5.
2. Loe your own Exe file (metatrader) and right click on your mouse and open it with Wine app.
3. Run in /Users/your-user-name-click on Proceed and folder/document-folder/MT4.
4. Follow On-Screen installation instructions, click Next, uncheck launch app.
5. Final. . Open your MT4/MT5 folder on Winebottler and then loe/open the file terminal.exe (/dosdevices/c/programfiles/metatrader-folder/)

That is it folks!! HTH!! My freaking parallels desktop freezes out! Fortunately found winebottler ribbon and during trial and error setup I
got it functioning. . .just wanna share it to my fellow Mactards https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674332.png

lauramarsim
05:46,
Maybe I'm missing something here, however for 10.6.8 I utilize a Wineskin MT4 wrapper. Simpler than Wine Winebottler, though now can not recall where Wineskin came from. Https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674332.pnghttps://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674332.png

Haven't noticed any problems although don't use it much. Can not say about MT5, however, sorry.

Fuentes13
07:07,
I only installed this to my iMac running OS X 10.8.2. Https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674332.png

Download new version of wine winebottler combo apps to your appliion folder, so you also have to have X11 program in your system.

I utilized Alpari's Metatrader 4 and it is working well.

1. Open winebottler on the ideal side bottom Click add prefix folder-name MT4 or MT5.
2. Loe your Exe file (metatrader) and right click your mouse and start it with Wine program.
3. Run in /Users/your-user-name-folder/document-folder/MT4 and click on Proceed.
4. Follow... I'm getting error if I do a click to include empty prefix - because I wanted to install it to Appliions folder, which I don't own it.

Additionally getting mistake if I want to attempt and include from existing ones. Something associated with VC6 runtime
My system it should work, since I was able to intall the never needed Total Commander ( Free commander is absolutely free and better, except for evaluation proposes)

1. When I do a new prefix to my macosx home, than that I am able to create the folder.
2. Than download the MT4 from his site.
3. Run the setup with wine: it will start and ask for information in order to create a demo account.
Https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/15296743431275454652.png

Mac mini: 10.8.2

Thanks

kanarr84
08:28,
If you've already installed MT4, I don't get it why ask for a data(what data?) In
order to create a demo account.

I would suggest to have full permission to your app-folder or perhaps attempt to put in to a folder which
you have a privilege to create and delete files and also put the necessary apps to this folder.

Ertito2812
09:49,
Please can someone tell me where I can get this template or lndior
fxprime_v2finalja and fxprime_v2final10
I am getting error if I do a click for add empty prefix - since I wanted to put in it to Appliions folder, I do not own it.

Also getting error if I want to attempt and add from existing ones. Something associated with VC6 runtime
My system should work, since I was able to intall the never needed Total Commander ( Free commander is absolutely free and better, but for test proposes)

1. When I do a new prefix for my macosx home, than that I am able to make the folder.
2. Than download the MT4.
3. Run the installation with wine: it will launch...

Fuentes13
11:09,
Can someone check whether or not working this with the latest macosx: 10.8.3?

Http://www.iboostup.com/app/macmt4.wineskin.prefs macMt4 by Wineskin ( on google)

I forgot that the MT4 password and also to lazy to reset it https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674334.png

EncaOrenes
12:30,
Hello! I know this is an old thread, but it appears people are reacting to it so here goes. I used to use MT4 on my mac with Snow Leopard, and then got out of it. I would love to return into to it and have upgraded to Mountain Lion. However my version of MT4 will not start up anymore. It was initially set up using something called'wineskin winery' but it had been so long ago I have forgotten how to do it, and that's how I stumbled on'rooicol's' variant which seems quite simple. However, the link for the prefix is dead and I was wondering if someone could either repost it, or send it for me. Rather than knowing too much about how all of this wine stuff works, I wondered exactly what this'MT4 prefix' is? Just how different is this to the actual'setup.exe' you can get in the Metatrader site? Also, I wished to know, after I get this up and running again, which files do I want to replace from the older version I got into the new variant in order to get all the presets and basically everything back to the way it was with the transaction pair displays I'd so I don't have to set this up all around? I was just wondering how some of you were effective in using Crossover to get MT4 working. Every time I tried, Crossover would just hang up and wreck set up?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to get back to this again. Cheers! https://forexintuitive.com/attachments/1529674335.png

DAloonso
13:51,
I've been running MT4 over WINEBOTTELR more than then annually now, and runs flawlessly.

But I had DDE working...

Does any one know about a solution to have DDE working MT4 running on WINEBOTTLER 1.4.1.4
on MAC OS X 10.8.4?

Erialde
15:12,
Wineskin can be currently working good

mchelosky77
16:33,
quote I neglected to find MT5 yo work on my mac 10.7.3 using Wine. I have done a new install of MT5 (just takes approximately 30 seconds), it load fine, but won't connect to the net at all, so I can't log into an account. Same problem occurred using Crossover. I would be interested to hear how other people have be able to get MT5 to operate on OS Lion. Any pleasure with MT5 however col?

My Mac is running 10.6.8 and MT4 using your Wine instructions. Worried about updating the OS in case it screws up my MT4.

webesitos
17:53,
Hi all,
I'm facing a small problem here. I have installed cross over on mac and also on my windows pc.
Currently is there any way where I could keep the profiles,indiors,experts folders in sync between both the systems?

Trt00
19:14,
Hello everybody, I have only gotten a macbook.

I installed a Alpari Mt4 on it but I couldn't get how to set up custom indior.

I will be very grateful if somebody could put me through.

Thank you Beforehand.

Erialde
20:35,
@mmarwaha I tryed outside to perform exactly the time that was long ago, but you have your setup. I tryed to create a sync over dropbox or google drive, this isn't working. The only means to solve your issue is to utilize a vps

@kola8701, there's an eays approach to put in this.
In the programm list take the right mouse button and say open folderthan you can see the files in the setup. Replicate your indi in the folder that is right

Trt00
21:56,
I open the platformI clicked on FILE-OPEN DATA FOLDER-MQL4-IDICATORS but when I pulled and drop my indiors into the folder, it doesn't work but go back I'm attempting to move the indiors from.

I am not sure I received your description of how to go about it properly, please assist.

angelanaab
23:16,
I know it's an old topic, but I have problems in getting DDE with MT4 running under CROSSOVER.
Anybody did triumph in this?

THNKS

Pereza
00:37,
Is anyone still alive on this particular thread? I have a Mac 10.6.8 I can't update the OS system. I have downloaded Xquartz Playonmac and Winebottler. They're all in my appliions. I'm not certain where the XQuartz bit comes in but this is the procedure I have been following gt; gt; gt; I start playonmac, install winebottler.dmg then install metatrader 4. Every time I do I get an error message:

Error in POL_Shortcut
Binary not discovered: terminal.exe
Have you installed the program into the default loion?

Can anybody advise how to download this without getting an error message?